Why become a member? ×

Fender 'Jaco' models

BetaFunk

[quote name='miles'tone' timestamp='1365460574' post='2040034']
The USA Jaco artist bass was also offered as a fretted model for a very short time when they were first released. I had the pleasure of playing one in Crane's in Cardiff many years ago. The thing played itself and to this day is still the best bass I have ever played. It was up for £1650 in 2004 and had been on the shop wall for a long time even back then. I've only seen one other come up for sale and that was on the Australian ebay the following year.
Very rare unfortunately as Jaco did play fretted too. Shame Fender shelved that one.
[/quote]
Yes i remember the fretted model. I've also only ever seen one for sale and as you say a pity it was discontinued after a very short time.

[quote name='mentalextra' timestamp='1365581380' post='2041209']
So the spec is just age related not strictly anything to do with "jaco"?
[/quote]

Still pretty mucha guess, but if it was a 60s bass JAco used, a reissue would have to have 60s reissue pickups to be as per jaco.

[quote name='BetaFunk' timestamp='1365509854' post='2040441']

Excellent! Thanks for that.
[/quote]

You are welcome. :) I am pleased it is usefull
So many versions that it needs explanations.

There is a funny detail : Jaco Artist signature JB is factory loaded with flatwound strings.... Strange isn't it ? Jaco plays roundwounds !

About the CS 1991 fretted version : Jaco plays his wonderful poetic composition "Portrait of Tracy" with his 1960 FRETTED Jazz Bass.
I am voiceless hearing this tune, according to me a Masterpiece.