Why become a member? ×

Eastwood EUB
£350

I acquired this lovely bass in a recent trade.
It's the Eastwood copy of the Ampeg AUB, the first production fretless bass. Single mini humbucker in the mid position, vol/tone controls and passive. It's in excellent condition. There is one mark next to the jack socket (slight), and the previous owner lightly sanded the back of the neck to remove the gloss finish. It doesn't look at all unsightly, just trying to be thorough.
It plays really nicely, with a deep throatiness. It has Thomastik flats at the moment, which sound wonderful, but it will be sold with Fender flats. The bridge has been upgraded to a Gotoh unit, and has tremendous sustain. Mahogany body, maple neck, rosewood board nicely covered in a smooth black (plastic?) finish. It has dot markers for each fret, and the last owner very neatly and cleverly filled in the 'even' numbers with green marker, leaving 1,3,5,7,9,12 etc highlighted, but with all frets marked

I'm selling it because I've committed to a custom Letts bass, and need the funds. I did have in mind a project for this bass, which I might try if it doesn't sell quickly- There is a ready made cavity between the bridge and pickup which would fit another pickup in the bridge position beautifully. The tone control could be changed to a volume simply enough to make a 2 pickup vol/vol monster. I found a pair of chrome mini humbuckers on Ebay for £30. I think this would give immense versatility. I just mention this fyi.
The bass will be mummified in bubble wrap, then an old gigbag, then a cardboard box. The price is £350 delivered to mainland uk.
[attachment=131654:DSCF1515.JPG][attachment=131658:DSCF1514.JPG][attachment=131659:DSCF1516.JPG][attachment=131660:DSCF1517.JPG][attachment=131661:DSCF1518.JPG][attachment=131662:DSCF1519.JPG][attachment=131663:DSCF1520.JPG][attachment=131664:DSCF1521.JPG]

Edited by Sambrook

• 1 month later...