Why become a member? ×

New pedal, where to put it?

LukeJackson

Hey guys!
So I just picked up a maxon od808 and a mxr m80+
I have a sansamp bddi with a dbx project 1 compressor / noise gate.
Now in the past I ran the sansamp and the dbx through my effects loop and I've just got these 2 pedals which I want to add in but should I take the pedals out of the effects loop and leave in the dbx and just run them through the input or run it all through the effects loop? Also what order would you reccomend the pedals go in?
The head is a ashdown abm and the main bass is a ibanez sr505

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1364998043' post='2033860']
As for order, one man's peas are another's snotters. Play about & see what makes the sounds You like.
[/quote]

Definitely this. I was advised to use my Sansamp last in the chain, but after chopping and changing I MUCH prefer the sound of it 2nd, after my compressor, and before any other drives. That way the Sansamp is more like a pre, I add some gnarly distortion with a 2nd pedal, then smooth it all over with the third, mild overdrive.

There is no right answer to that question. It is half the fun of effects! Experiment in all positions and whatever sounds the best to you is the best, regardless of where they 'should' be :)