Why become a member? ×

Greetings:)

AviB

Hello everyone,
i registered myself to this website while looking for a bass to buy
i contacted several guys, and for some reason only less than few bothered to reply. the most probable reason for this lack of communication, as it seems to me, is that fact i got no history-introduction-ID etc, so....

the name is Avi. israeli born, musically schooled in amsterdam and currently living ad working in Sunny Lisbon city, Portugal. 31 years old. got my own project as well as producing teaching and freelancing, from jazz to hip hop, RnB etc etc.
My main axe is a 1974 Fender Jazz Bass, which i usually run into Eden of some kind:)
id post some links, but i dont know if its the place...

That's about it for now. Great site, Thumbs up!:)

Hey Avi,

Welcome! I hope you'll feel at ease here sooner than later.

As to buying a bass, I'm sure you'll be alright eventually, but yes, people probably think like you indicated. Whilst logic commands that once you have bank transferred the money, you're in the seller's power, and so sellers have little to fear from new buyers, the truth is that many still are afraid to hand out their bank account number for fear of something undefined in the realm of hacking and identity theft.
There are also many many people who will not send basses, or will not send abroad.
The positive side here is that those who do not wanna take your money also seem to be those who will not steal your money! :)

BTW, I liked the Eden thing. As a good Israelite, I'm sure you also use a Viper bass and an Apple device when playing for Eve. :P

Anyway, enjoy the site and its banter, and feel free to contribute with your wisdom.

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor

thank you for the warm welcome:)
im not too worried about buying basses online- i got Conservatory buddies in most main cities in europe, so i always try to send one of them to check the bass with his own fingers and pay on pickup only.

in anycase, ill do my best:)

Edited by AviB