Why become a member? ×

Rickenbacker 4004 cheyenne II Jetglo 2012

geofio

[quote name='cocco' timestamp='1364603634' post='2028872']
Nice! What's the difference between it and a 4003?
[/quote]

More modern bridge, different pickups, different electronics (although still passive). The one i played had a very different, more modern, sound than a 4003. Very nice basses!

the main difference is volume and big fat tone, the 4003 sounds quite bright normally , this bass is all about the bass!!!! there is still a ric twang from it , very very fat sounding bass, i was quite shocked at how powerful it is , because when you look at it you think it would be quite dainty sounding, mistake, this is the fattest sounding bass i have played. lovely fast neck too and it was a breeze to set up.

Glad you're loving it George,
I was going to gig mine tonight but decided I'd wait till it had been set up a bit more to my liking. I'm going to have to get to grips with the double truss rod......wish it had a MM wheel lol!
After a bit more playing I've really got to agree with you that this is very fat in the bass.....even the bridge pup which adds some Rick clank has loads of bottom end. Have you decided if you're going for the VVT mod yet?

Hi mart , i may consider that mod as it would give greater tone control from the bass , i will see how i go i found i had to turn the bass down on the amp lol for the first time, i gave the truss rod another tweak last night and that just made the E string stand out a bit more , the truss rods are fine as long as you use the correct tool you can't over tighten them worth the investment. i think the neck is amazing on this bass i have the action so low and no fret buzz really cool. cheers Geo