Why become a member? ×

Spirit 328 Digital Desk, M-Audio Lightbridge [Now on eBay!]

I'm moving now; so I've decided to sell my recording setup as I don't use it as much as I now have access to a studio when I need it. Everything is in good or great condition and has only been used in a non-smoking environment.

[size=4][b]Spirit 328 Digital Mixing Desk[/b][/size]
[i]Condition:[/i] Cosmetically Good, everything else excellent and fully functional.
[i]RRP:[/i] £3000 or so quite a few years ago...
[i]Price:[/i] [s]£700[/s] £650 +Collection (or courier if required)
[i]Comments:[/i] Very easy to use automated desk. Some of the best mic pres available on a mixer. Still one of the best digital desks that has been available. It has flying faders which people seem to like! :)

[size=4][b]M-Audio Lightbridge Interface[/b][/size]
[i]Condition:[/i] As new with box and 4 additional optical cables. Used twice.
[i]RRP:[/i] £260 or something
[i]Price:[/i] [s]£200[/s] £190 +p&p
[i]Comments:[/i] THE best interface for connecting the 328 to a computer, or other devices that need optical connection.

[size=4][b]Electrix Filter Queen[/b][/size]
[i]Condition:[/i] Excellent, fully working in box with manual and psu
[i]RRP:[/i] ?
[i]Price:[/i]SOLD
[i]Comments:[/i] This filter is the absolute shiznay!! Great on bass, guitar, keys and drums...SOLD

[size=4][b]MOTU Midi Timepiece MTP AV[/b][/size]
[i]Condition:[/i] Excellent, fully working in box with manual
[i]RRP:[/i] £550 originally, but that was a while ago
[i]Price:[/i] [s]£100[/s] £95 +p&p
[i]Comments:[/i] It lets you connect lots of midi things to your pc thing or use without a pc and use it on the road with a lot of midi gear

[size=4][b]Yamaha G50 + B1D Pickup[/b][/size]
Product info:
The Yamaha G50 MIDI Guitar Converter is simply the fastest, most precise, and frankly the coolest leap in guitar evolution since the solidbody electric. Used with the G1D Divided Pickup Unit for guitar, or the B1D Divided Pickup Unit for bass, the G50 is much more than a "patch" that lets you sort-of play synthesizers from your chosen instrument. It seamlessly integrates your guitar into the world of MIDI for unprecedented musical freedom and scope.

What Do You Need?
If you play 6-string electric or steel-string acoustic guitar, you'll need the G1D Divided Pickup Unit; if you play bass (4-,5- or even 6-string), the B1D Divided Pickup Unit. Both pickups provide a number of attachment options that allow optimum installation on a variety of instruments (e.g. you can use special non-marring adhesive pads if you don't want to drill even tiny holes in your precious axe). The B1D can be set up so that you can remove and replace the pickup whenever you like without having to readjust the pickup height.
You'll also need the G50 Guitar MIDI Converter - the "brains" of the system - and a MIDI tone generator or synthesizer for sound. Possible systems range from simple to very complex, according to your individual musical requirements.

* Memory: 128
* Guitar Setup:
Playing Style, Note On Level, Note Off Level, Velocity, Chromatic, Transpose, Pitch Bend Range
* External Tone Generator Setup:
Program Number, Program Bank MSB, LSB, Volume, Pan, Assignable Control Number 1, 2, Assignable Control Value 1, 2
* Real Time Control:
Split, Split Memory 2 Number, Memory Location, Picking Position Control, Picking Front Position Value, Picking Rear Position Value, Touch Control, Touch Sensitivity, Sustain/Hold Pedal
* System Setup:
Input Gain, MIDI Channel, Tuning Pitch
* Other:
G1D & B1D Up/Down Button Function Settings (Data Entry, Program Number, Octave Shift) Chromatic Tuner, Demo Program Type (User, MU series, VL70-m, VL 1-m Version 2), MIDI Bulk Receive and Transmit
* Operation:
Union jack LED x 1, 7 segment LED x 3, Mode LED x 3, Panel Switch x 8, Power Switch
* Connections:
DIVIDED Input Jack, MONO SYNTH Input Jack, GUITAR DIRECT OUT Jack, MIDI IN/OUT Jack, SUSTAIN/HOLD Jack, DC-IN Jack
* Power Supply: KPA3 AC adaptor
* Accessory: 13 Pin Cable: 7 m
* Dimensions (W x D x H):
482.6 x 201.8 x 44.0 mm (19" x 8" x 1-3/4")
* Weight: 2.2 kg (4 lbs., 14 oz.)
[i]Condition:[/i] Great except, the on switch is permanently on, fully working. Pickup as far as I'm aware has all the different types to attach to bass.
[i]RRP:[/i] Alot at the time
[i]Price:[/i] £180 (Price deduced by how much others I have seen go for, and a bit cheaper then)
[i]Comments:[/i] Play midi from your electric bass. It really does work well.

[size=4][b]ART Coolswitch ABY Pedal[/b][/size]
[i]Condition:[/i] Excellent, fully working.
[i]RRP:[/i]£28
[i]Price:[/i] Sold on eBay (For much more than I wanted on here-bonus! :huh: )
[i]Comments:[/i] 2 become 1! OR 1 become 2! Amazing...Y!? because I don't need it as I use a PJB which has two inputs.

I would prefer collection of the items, especially the mixer as it will cost quite a bit. More than welcome for people to come and look at the items, I am based in Birmingham.

Edited by Mikey D

Hi, it is this one: [url="http://www.soundcraft.com/product_sheet.asp?product_id=38"]Spirit 328[/url]. I believe there was only one series of 328, the one they released afterwards was the 328XD (Which was blue). If you are referring to software, it is 1.something, although it can be upgraded no problem to 2. I never did this as the situation was if it's not broke, don't fix it!

Unless you mean something else about the series that I don't know.

[quote name='crez5150' post='207100' date='May 27 2008, 10:30 AM']yeah it was the series 2 xd I was referring too.... I have the series one and was after a series two.... thanks anyway[/quote]
No problem. Cheers.

Bumparella...

Also, I may trade the desk for an ibook/powerbook/macbook/macbookpro...with cash either way depending on what it is! Who knows...someone may have two, or for some crazy reason want to get rid of theirs!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

Forgive my possible ignorance here but I'm not entirely sure I understand how the mixer works in interaction with a computer.

AmI right in thinking that to get the sound into a computer you need to run it through some kind of audio interface that will accept ADAT (like the lightbridge)?

Once it is in the computer though, how do you make use of the mixing functions of the desk? Can it, in effect, control Cubase/Logic/Pro Tools etc. or would they just serve as a method of storing the tracks for supply back to the mixer for mix down?

Intrigued but confused lol

[quote name='P-T-P' post='222136' date='Jun 19 2008, 01:44 PM']Hi Mike,

Forgive my possible ignorance here but I'm not entirely sure I understand how the mixer works in interaction with a computer.

AmI right in thinking that to get the sound into a computer you need to run it through some kind of audio interface that will accept ADAT (like the lightbridge)?

Once it is in the computer though, how do you make use of the mixing functions of the desk? Can it, in effect, control Cubase/Logic/Pro Tools etc. or would they just serve as a method of storing the tracks for supply back to the mixer for mix down?

Intrigued but confused lol[/quote]

Regarding the first question about the lightbridge, you are correct. This allows you to run the 16 ins and outs to the mixer and computer. Well the light bridge allows you more, but the desk is only 32 channels (16 in and 16 out) You can switch the 16 faders in banks between ins, outs and master groups & auxs. But you can also use the optical stereo track on the mixer and the optical buses, but i never did that. You don't need to use the adat, but this is probably the best way. The other interface iirc is the tascam connector, which looks like an old serial/parallel connector.

The answer to your next question is: both. You can control the computer based sequencer from the desk with mmc or midi etc. So you can stop, start, record, arm tracks for recording etc from the desk. You can also use the midi aspects for automation of mixing just like other hardware controllers out there. You can also add lexicon effects onto tracks on input or mixdown internally from the desk.

So you can use this mixer as a standalone with a tape machine, or in affect, your computer could be your tape machine and the mixer can also be your hardward controller. You can also get midi mixer maps for things such as rebirth etc. As a bonus you get 16 of the best mic pres built in to the desk.

Does that help? I'm not sure if I have made it clear as it is quite late! :)

Cheers Garry. I'm glad it got to you eventually. Bloody Royal mail! :)

Have you tried it with a bass yet? I would have used it in my rig but it was just an extra thing to carry, and I don't drive as it is.

Price reduction and new item/s added.

I also have a M-Audio oxygen v1 keyboard and Guitar Rig 2 and hardware controller, but I need to find out how much they normally go for, but in the meantime, email me if you are interested.

Whats the deal with the yamaha stuff? It's attached to a squire strat but it's a bass pickup? Do you get the strat? Does the bass pickup with the guitar or is it actually a guitar pickup?

Edited by cheddatom

Yeh, no problem, I am actually quite interested. How does it compare to the roland V-bass? Would you know?

EDIT: Sh*t sorry mate, I just realised this is probably a 4 string pickup and I don't own a 4 string!

Edited by cheddatom

I haven't tried the vbass. but the tracking on this very good. I'm sure there must be some info on the net!

The b1d is actually for 6 string bass! I used to use it on my yamaha trb6 no problems.

[quote]Cheers Garry. I'm glad it got to you eventually. Bloody Royal mail! smile.gif

Have you tried it with a bass yet? I would have used it in my rig but it was just an extra thing to carry, and I don't drive as it is.[/quote]

Nope. Its gone into my studio rig. :)

Using it for drums and anything else that needs a mangling.

Cheers

Garry