Why become a member? ×

Belated hello :)

clagooey

Hi guys,

Thought I'd follow the general consensus and tell you guys a bit about myself! I know it's late, but I can be a lazy sod sometimes :huh:

So yeah. I've been playing bass for just over 5 years now. Started off, as many do, because I wanted to be cool and be in a band; and bass is by far the manliest instrument (which matters a lot to a 14 year-old boy!). My first bass was a Peavey Milestone III, which I still have (although I defretted it out of boredom and curiosity..), and my first amp was a small Fender 25W practice combo thing; which again, I still have. After a while I: bought a Fender MIM V J-bass; bought a Music Man Bongo 5 HH; sold my Fender cheaply to my church for Jesus-points; bought an 80's Vantage 4-string bass (no idea what model!); sold my Music Man; then bought Alemboid's fretless Overwater Progress III 6 string. Which is bloody fantastic! Unfortunately, my amp hasn't changed.. although that should hopefully be remedied very soon!

I had lessons from a guy called Don Chandler (who is now Craig David's bassist and an EBS endorser. Gargh.) for the first 3 years, until I got grade 8, and since then have been noodling on my lonesome. I used to like nu-metal type music and all the angsty typical teenage garbage, but have now moved on to more classical, Jazz and motown-esque music. I left the band that I started in after about a year due to differences in taste, and have been itching for something ever since. However, I play in my church evening band, and lead the youth worship band, so it's not all bad :)

I think that's more than enough for now! I never realised how much i could ramble.. I look forward to meeting more people from here though, as it's a pretty awesome community; I was registered on bassworld, and it's good to see that the same forum is still as great as ever!

Cheers,

Tom

Welcome Tom. Lovely intro. I've already enjoyed some of your posts, looking forward to hearing more from you.

[quote name='neepheid' post='206617' date='May 26 2008, 04:02 PM']Welcome to the forum. I snorted at "Jesus-points" :)[/quote]

+1. I was eating porridge. A mouthful is now in my nose.