Why become a member? ×

Good Advice Needed

Knibby

Excellent value for money although most people I know use it for modelling (tones) rather than the actual effects. I guess probably because they sound a little weak; a lot of the Behringer effects pedals tend not to sound as good as their Boss etc counterparts. But as far as having loads of effects and loads of tweakability at your hands, it does very well.

For a little more money you'd do better to source the Line6 Pod Pro Rack version. Comes with a footswitch for cycling through the effects and much better quality effects and build quality.

Alternatively, why are you determined to use rack effects? Why not a multi-fx on the floor?

I use the Boss ME-20b which is perfect for my needs (I only ever use octave, drive or delay) and I have a volume pedal built in which is surprisingly useful. On a bigger scale, and has the same functionality as the Behringer, you can get a used Boss GTB-6 for around £120 or a Line6 Pod Live XT. Both great bits of kit and you can carry around your entire 'sound' in a pedal case rather than a bulky rack case.

Definitely worth shopping around on this one!

Hope this helps

Alex

If you're using rack effects, you have to have a floor controller anyway, so personally I don't see any advantage over a multi-effects pedal

I've heard good things about the V amp stuff but not tried it myself.

If you just want to fill your rack I'd get a rack tuner and a decent compressor

Hi Guys

Appreciate the replys.

Alex I'm on the net as we chat off looking for your input, the wife gonna love you for me spending on alsorts.

Ched, I'm checking out compressors, didn't cross my mind with the Hartke head having comp.

Rage, I'm hearing you with the virtual amp sound.

Chat soon