Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Fender Deluxe USA Jazz 5 VS. Warwick Streamer $$ 5

NickSpector

Ok, here's my choice. I can keep my jazz, which I actually quite like now after figuring out the EQ fully. But, the Bass Cellar have offered me an exchange, and the bass they've offered is a Warwick Streamer $$. I've never heard a Streamer $$. I want 3 band EQ and versatility in tone. Which bass is best?

[quote name='NickSpector' post='21547' date='Jun 21 2007, 07:36 PM']Ok, here's my choice. I can keep my jazz, which I actually quite like now after figuring out the EQ fully. But, the Bass Cellar have offered me an exchange, and the bass they've offered is a Warwick Streamer $$. I've never heard a Streamer $$. I want 3 band EQ and versatility in tone. Which bass is best?[/quote]

Nick the $$ are 2 bucks signs so twobucks or one humbucker..... Thats what the comics say.......

You may have guessed that the only objective advice any one should give you is "go and try one".... dont commit until you are sure.... Will it do more or less of what you want/need it to?

Both the Jazz and Warwick are excellent guitars but not neccasarily similar, so you need to work out if what the W does is more in keeping with your (and your bands) sound......

The $$ are actually two humbuckers!
They're pretty cool, they're 9v as opposed to the USA deluxe's 18v, and the Fender has two single coils.
Oh and i also think, without checking, that the $$'s (i have a corvette) are 2band EQ

So yeah, best idea is to go A/B them!

Si

Edited by Sibob

Personally I've never gotten on with Warwicks, so I'd plump for the fender, but that's strictly IMHO.

Going and trying it is the only real way to see what fits you best...have some fun! The guys were amazing to me at the bass cellar (bought my rapture there) so they'll sort you out :)

The warwick is 3 band btw. I think the Fender will be best, as I have a Spector with two fat humbuckers already, so I don't particularly need another double bucker bass. I can't really try them becauseeeeeeeeeeeeee....the basses are in London, i'm in York, that's a £50 train fare.

[quote name='NickSpector' post='21547' date='Jun 21 2007, 07:36 PM']Ok, here's my choice. I can keep my jazz, which I actually quite like now after figuring out the EQ fully. But, the Bass Cellar have offered me an exchange, and the bass they've offered is a Warwick Streamer $$. I've never heard a Streamer $$. I want 3 band EQ and versatility in tone. Which bass is best?[/quote]

Keep the Fender. Swap out the cheap preamp in it and replace it with a Sadowsky or John East or Audere preamp and it will be a different beast.

Hamster

[quote name='Hamster' post='22228' date='Jun 23 2007, 12:21 AM']Keep the Fender. Swap out the cheap preamp in it and replace it with a Sadowsky or John East or Audere preamp and it will be a different beast.

Hamster[/quote]

Sound advice Hammy!!

You could also check out the range of (slope of to a darkened room!) preamps and pupos from Seymour Duncan that are designed to fall stright into Fenders......

Yuuummmmyyyyyyyy........

:wub: