Why become a member? ×

Hello all :)

ChickenKiev

Hello everyone, pleased to meet you all. I'm glad to be here on the Basschat forum! I'd like to make a brief introduction, so here goes!

My name is James, I'm 23 and live in the NW of the UK. I've been playing bass since I was 14, and guitar for even longer. I started playing bass when my high school hosted a battle of the bands competition, and because there was a sparse quantity of bassists at the school, I was elected by my bandmates to provide 'the thunder from down under'. The rest is history :).

I joined the site because of course I like to play (well duh), but I'm also really interested in modding and customising instruments; the idea of getting a 'stock' bass and doing something different with it in terms of pickups and hardware and as a result changing the character/sound /aesthetics of it just fascinates me. So I'm mainly here to ask questions to some more experienced peeps, and just to have a laugh really, oh, and to drool over peoples' instrument/gear collections!

So, yeah. That's me in a nutshell, I really hope I like it here, and hello again :).

Hi James,

Welcome, matey. You just came through the first test with honour. [b]Drool, laugh, ask, mod[/b] .... that's all the correct answers!

So now experience this site with its vast unstructured database of semi-uncondensed knowledge, ask away, drool some and enjoy the banter with a smile.

best,
bert