Why become a member? ×

Lighting Rigs

dand666

Hey guys, first topic i've created so just a little 'Hello' from me!

Our cover band is starting to get regular work in and we are looking to get some better lights as the venues are getting bigger!

Currently we have 2 Equinox Micro LED Bars, they are great for pubs, small halls and marquees, but i feel we need something a little bigger. Maybe some floor cans? Par cans?

I was wondering on what type of lights do you guys use? And what venues will they be suitable for?

Some advice would be great. Thanking you...

Daniel.

Edited by dand666

We use a couple of ADJ Led Cans , they are good but we never sem to be able to get the far enough away from the stage to spread what is quite a narrow beam , so we aim at the ceiling across the stage area and it spreads it well . I am not sure whether they would compliment what you have , maybe just more of the same might work , with a couple of the little laser effects or a simple scanner or maflower to get a bit of light onto the crowd ocassionally

[quote name='Chrismanbass' timestamp='1361382234' post='1985102']
i run a function band and we have a set of four floor cans which we dmx together as uplighters and then a couple of scanners and then a couple of led par bars
[/quote]

Can i ask, what floor cans do you have?

Ideally that's what i would like. Our two LED bars are enough for the 'dance-floor' but some cans for a wash would be ideal.

My band has just upgraded from traditional par64 cans to an LED system. We use 2 x LEDJ Q Colours for a stage wash plus 6 x LEDJ Slimline 229's (4 as floor cans plus 2 on t-bars with the Q Colours). I use a dmx controller with all of these lights however, if you don't want to use a controller, each type of light has in-built programs and multiple units can be linked in master-slave mode. I'm not sure whether you can master-slave the Q colours to the Slimline 229's.

If you just need something to provide a stage wash then 2 x Q Colours would do the job of lighting up the stage really well.