Why become a member? ×

Amplitube iPad and apogee jam users?

Walker

Thanks gents. I have Ampkit too, but I've invested quite a bit of money in Amplitube so wanted to try and get it working well. As I mentioned, I can get a signal, but it's very overdriven. I had a iRig but wasnt impressed.

Dave, I'd be interested to see if you can get a clean signal with the Apogee Jam.

No problem, ill do it as soon as i get home tonight.
I too had the iRig and never really liked it. In fact back then i couldn't get a decent clean tone with Amplitube no matter what i did. At the time Amplitube wasnt compatible with the JAM type of interfaces, im assuming it is now.

Ok, ive just tried it and it sounds fine. This is the first time ive used JAM with this software and i was quite impressed how much better Amplitube sounds without the iRig.

I played both my passive basses though it using the default bass amp and got a nice strong tone, no hint of the distortion i used to experience with iRig.

This is on a iPad 2.

Hmmm, that is strange. I'll try the settings again - but I'm running out of options.

I use a passive, but with some Wizard pups, not sure if they could cause it to distort?

Out of interest, did you run the output into headphones or through speakers?

Thanks for trying.

The output was fine. I didnt actually move anything last night. No dials in the software, not on the JAM (although that was already set up for my basses, i have a pice of tape over the dial to keep it in place) and not the output from the ipad. Im sure it was a bit too loud but i was in a hurry so didnt mess with things. I had just downloaded and reinstalled the software so everything other than me changing to the bass amp was at default.

Have you checked the input and output meters? Are they peaking? I found in the past it was the output level that caused me the most bother.

I managed to get Amplitube working well, but it's a fiddle.

I also tried the JamUp XT app suggested above and bought the bass pack (GK, SWR, B15, SVT, a Sansamp Bass Driver + a couple of bass specific fx).

This is very good indeed and very user friendly. Sounds excellent and is simple. The winner!