Why become a member? ×

Can someone help with these notes? :(

Samashton12

[quote name='tommorichards' timestamp='1361097133' post='1980891']
Get the pacemaker plugin for winamp. Ive used it to transcribe a few songs. You can slow speed without altering pitch. Its also great for turning slow rock into speed metal

[url="http://www.surina.net/pacemaker/"]http://www.surina.net/pacemaker/[/url]
[/quote]
I use audacity, free and really useful for all sorts of things as well as slowing down and transposing

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1361202401' post='1982662']
I'm absolutely terrible at working out notes anyway, especially when they are all bunched together like that. The best i could do is find the key, and kind of make it up as i go along.
[/quote]

I'd like to know what scale this actually uses.. Be much easier then aha

Guest bassman7755

The secret to working things out is to 1) slow it down (as I did for you) and 2) loop the recording on a just a few notes until you can hum/sing/whistle them and only then try and play that bit.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1361261417' post='1983454']

2. Use the pitch shift and put the whole thing up an octave. This makes the bass line really `jump out' of the mix at you.
[/quote]

Yeah thats a good tip as well. the ear is better at pitch determination in a higher register.

[quote name='AussieBassman' timestamp='1361285483' post='1983899']
how can that ever happen? you can only raise the pitch of a note by stretching a string.
[/quote]

Obviously missing the difference between flattening some within a concept, and flattening something in reality.

IT. WAS. A. JOKE!

Can't believe how many times i have had to say that the last few days.

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1361659251' post='1989088']
I know now that i was wrong, i forgot to change it. Still, the difference was really only one note, so i'm happy i was even close! I'm not much of a theory man, so yeah.
[/quote]

That's fair enough, I can't really work out a key signature myself..

Sorry if it sounded like I was having a dig.

[quote name='Myke' timestamp='1361659903' post='1989093']
That's fair enough, I can't really work out a key signature myself..

Sorry if it sounded like I was having a dig.
[/quote]

You didn't :) Don't worry.

The way i work it out is by looking at the notes, then working out what the possible key signature is.

The thing is, when you look at the notes, It starts on a B (which is normally a good indicator) and then there is a lot of D# E hammer ons and pull offs which just back up that it's in the key of B in some form. The only thing that would throw me off is that at the end of a scale, the last interval is normally a semi-tone, but here it is a whole tone, which lead me to B major with a flattened seventh. I don't know how they worked out it was actually a B minor flattened seventh. Maybe they just heard the minor key in the song, but i never listened to the song after the tabs.