Why become a member? ×

1988 Warwick Thumb for sale. Through neck, Bubinga and Wenge

Johnfig66

Original 1988 Warwick Thumb 4-string for sale. Through neck, made from Bubinga and Wenge. EMG pickups. I bought this new in 1988, and have looked after it with the care a guitar of this nature deserves. It has the usual scuffs you would associate with a guitar of this age, but it is in excellent condition. The only repairs it has had are a new input socket and a new volume pot, which were both fitted around 3 weeks ago by a wonderful luthier based here in Liverpool. According to Warwick, it was "built in in Eggolsheim, West Germany, in 1988, and was one of the first with a serial number beginning 1538." It's up for sale at 1600 quid (sorry, pound sign has stopped working on my keyboard), and I'd prefer it to be collected, as I've had some bad experiences with couriers. However, if you're really interested and postage is the only option, then I'll certainly make enquiries as to the cost. I'll also consider a trade if you have a decent bass you might want to include. Thanks, John.[attachment=127477:IMG_1243.jpg][attachment=127478:IMG_1244.jpg][attachment=127479:IMG_1245.jpg][attachment=127480:IMG_1246.jpg][attachment=127481:IMG_1247.jpg][attachment=127482:IMG_1248.jpg]

[quote name='Ashwood1985' timestamp='1360723705' post='1975520']
ahhh luke, so THIS is the one ey?

very, very nice thumb!
[/quote] no the one I want is a few years older - this one also turned up in my hunt for a thumb. It's in better condition than the one I'm looking at!