Why become a member? ×

Hello !

Inhibition

Hey Liam,

Firstly: congrats on finding a non-taken name like that. You's a bit of genius, yeah?

Secondly: welcome! I'm sure we have the space for a drummer/guitarist/bassist/keyboardist - just come alone, without any weapons.
(Coincidentally, I'm a keyboardist gone future bassist who tries to also learn the guitar and the drums. Life's great, eh?)

Anyway, I hope you'll thrive on our little planet. Don't let our harsh jokes about drummers get the better of you.
Just remember they're all deserved. :lol: :ph34r:

Enjoy!

best,
bert

[quote name='Leen2112' timestamp='1360705682' post='1975268']
Hello LIam,

[attachment=127489:one.jpg]

Is this you?

Welcome to the forum.

Cheers Leen.
[/quote]

Are you mad! He's not playing a guitar!

Some people :rolleyes:

Welcome Liam. You play every instrument that i have on my radar! Well done you :D I'm a massive Flea/RHCP fan. And there are plenty more on this forum. Dot Hacker... Doesn't Josh Klinghoffer play in that band?

If you want a Flea sound, i just got the best flea sound i've ever had. OLP MM (can be gotten cheap, but try and get a korean one, they are much better!), wire the pickup in series, and a set of ProSteels! It's bloody brilliant!

Anyway, welcome. Have a look around. We don't bite :D

Hey guys, thanks so much for the warm welcome !!
You all seem very nice !
About the drummer jokes, I'm used to them by now ;)

Dot Hacker is Josh's band yeah ! I speak to Jonathan the bass player regularly and have had the fortune to speak to mr. klinghoffer once. Both down to earth, humble and friendly guys :)

[quote name='Inhibition' timestamp='1360779765' post='1976417']
Hey guys, thanks so much for the warm welcome !!
You all seem very nice !
About the drummer jokes, I'm used to them by now ;)

Dot Hacker is Josh's band yeah ! I speak to Jonathan the bass player regularly and have had the fortune to speak to mr. klinghoffer once. Both down to earth, humble and friendly guys :)
[/quote]

Oh wow! Lucky you :) Dot Hacker is a band i actually need to get a listen to! I love his work with John Frusciante, especially Communique, which is just one long drawn out vowel sound, very atmospheric! Bloody brilliant!

One very down to earth musician that i would like to meet is Chad Smith. He seems incredibly humble and down to earth. As much as i love Flea, i think i would be very very disillusioned if i met him. Same goes for Anthony. I think they are very different people in reality than how they appear to their public, which is probably the case for most stars, if we are honest. But i don't get that impression from Josh Klinghoffer or Chad Smith.

Go on then... What did he say? :D

[quote name='BassTractor' timestamp='1360783832' post='1976532']
Hm. Discreet, Milty and me are nice. Leen has yet to visit me and buy me the beer he promised, so I wouldn't jump to conclusions there.

Be careful on the Internet!

best,
bert
[/quote]

What is with that guy? always promising pints and whatnot... bloody cheek!