Why become a member? ×

Building a bass using parts

Clarky72

I'm a fully addicted builder and tinkerer, and I've used Mighty Mite necks and Warmoth stuff. The Mighty Mite is really good for the price, but the Warmoth stuff is absolutely top notch - the neck joint on my Explorer (which is incidentally for sale on here, hem, hem ;) ) stays put without the screws in - it's very tight indeed, and the flame maple and natural masked binding is a thing of beauty. I'm seriously pondering some more Warmoth stuff, as I'm going over to the States in a month or so and I can bring it back with me.

Edited by Muzz

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1360749375' post='1975664']
Have you had anything from them at all? Do you know what their quality is like?
[/quote]

You mean sims? My brother bought the parts for a 60s style strat from them, but it never got completed, not sure if he still has the bits or not.

Certainly the quality looked very good - the body was finished and the neck unfinished, both looked comparable to US Fenders I own.

I think they have demo guitars/basses so you could probably try before committing to an order. Also I think the bass centre has some stuff made by sims with their branding:

http://www.basscentre.com/british-bass-master-series.html