Why become a member? ×

SOLD! Epiphone Thunderbird non-reverse V 5 string TB - now just £250

dc2009

SOLD SOLD SOLD!

Hi guys,

Not been on in a while but am skint and could do with clearing out some basses I don't play anymore.

This one is a 5 string, non-reverse bodied Epiphone Thunderbird. These are very rare, you don't see many in 4 string models and even fewer as 5s. It's a lovely instrument but doesn't get the playing time it deserves. It's lived in a hard case as long as I've had it and it will be sold with said hard case and a strap.

From the Guitar Dater Project and the serial number, I can tell you that this beauty was made in June 1997, in the Korean Samick plant. The production number is 0026 which makes it one of the first made - in fact later versions seem to have a different decal on the headstock.

Here are some photos of the bass: [media]http://www.flickr.com/photos/67679611@N03/sets/72157633100327179/[/media]

I'm going to ask what I paid for it which is [s]£350[/s] price dropped to [size=5][b][s]£300[/s] £250[/b][/size] + insured postage (around £20).

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Dan

Edited by dc2009

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I've been spectacularly busy of late but can confirm this bass is still for sale. I've now added some pictures and a few more details to the original post.

This was posted before the rule changes but I have paid my BC selling fee!

Cheers,
Dan

Edited by dc2009

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Left Foot' timestamp='1365802197' post='2044851']
That is a thing of beauty... I now have GAS for this. After pay day (and selling organs) I shall pop back here.
[/quote]

Thanks LF, I must agree I'm a sucker for the looks of this bass but my Warwick and Lakland just get far more play time. Let me know when pay day rolls in!

All the best,
Dan

• 4 weeks later...

I've dropped this price to £300 + postage.It's less than what I paid for the bass but it really is just sat there not being played in its hard case and that won't do.

This is a great instrument, someone is going to get themselves a steal,
Dan

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Marunio' timestamp='1370808986' post='2105903']
Hi ,
Where do you live?
[/quote]

Hi there, Marunio.

I live in London, (post code SW6 1SJ). I travel around London for band things and have family based in Berkshire and Kent if that is something that suits your needs better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...