Why become a member? ×

Cab none too bright

Mark_Bass

Howdy guys,
Your thoughts please?
I play through a Ampeg 410hlf 'classic' cab but i don't feel the cab has the brightness i want. Ive tried different amps and my strings on my bass are always changed regularly so having demoed my new amp on a different brand of cab i feel that could be where my problem is.

Weight is no issue but don't really want to go any bigger than a 4x10 i'd happily consider a 2x10 & 1x15 rig.
I play mainly rock & heavy metal with a 5-string Warwick through a Mesa Boogie Big Block 750.

Any suggestions - I like matching rigs so i was thinking of going down the Mesa PowerHouse route but at the same time if there was an obvious brand i should try out let me know.
If i can pick up something second-hand would be cool to save $ or 2.

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1359590598' post='1957367']
is the tweeter working? as in is there a difference between turning it up and turning it down it could have blown.
[/quote]

I think the tweeters working....ill test ti at rehearsal tonight, if thats the case then its never worked since i brought it. :-S

I'll check out the Bearfaced Cabs - Thanks

The 410HLF is apparently a very low down & deep cab, not famed for its highs at all.

GK and Hartke Hydrives will be a lot tighter, and will also provide that top-end brightness you`re currently missing. I think if it were me, I`d check out the GK Neo series, from the description of sound wanted, they sound ideal.

A good tip is check out Thomann.de, they have sound samples on many of the cabs they sell, so you can get an idea of what the cab will do for you.