Why become a member? ×

NOW SOLD !! 2009 Overwater 6 string fretless Progress III deluxe

phil625sxc

Hi guys

I'm selling this one via the lovely guys at Bass Gear - all details below:

[url="http://www.bassgear.co.uk/products-page/pre-owned/bass-guitars1/overwater-progress-iii-deluxe-fretless-6-string-pre-owned/"]http://www.bassgear....ring-pre-owned/[/url]

Price £1799

Thanks,

Phil

Edited by phil625sxc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.

I'm potentially interested. A few questions:

What is the scale length?
String spacing at bridge?
What is the fretboard made from?
Can you tell me more about the markers? Are they part of the woodwork or slotted in?
How much does the bass weigh?

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for the enquiry - here's the info from the ad which should answer almost all of your questions:

[b] Overwater Progress III Deluxe 35" scale fretless 6-string (Pre-Owned)[/b]

Overwater 6 string fretless Progress III deluxe, custom built in February 2009.
Brazilian Cocobolo top with matching headstock.
Tone wood is a European Walnut with a maple veneer separating the two.
Ebony fretboard with maple lines, and a 5-piece maple/walnut through-neck. Full over top on the Cocobolo which adds to the sustain. Locking jack AND xlr output for extended connectivity options.
It has a stunning pre-amp with plenty of headroom with bass, mid and treble boost/cut knobs, pick-up blend and output volume with a push/pull bright switch. It’s a custom John East made for Overwater. Bass usually set at 14hz, mid at 250hz +/-10db and high at 3khz +/- 12db. There’s also a pull switch which adds attack at 5khz. The clarity on the lower notes is incredible, and must be heard to be fully realised.
Pickups are custom made for OW. They are dual coil with bar pole piece as one long strip of steel, with the rear pickup having slightly more output.
Since being custom made in ‘09, the owner has replaced the bridge with a fully adjustable Schaller so that the string spacing can be changed – apart from that and straplocks it is as it left Chris May’s hands.
Although it weighs in at over 11.5 lbs it’s one of those basses that balances really well on a strap and doesn’t feel as heavy when playing.
A new one would cost around £3000, so this represents very good value for such a lovely hand-crafted instrument.
Gator hardcase.

the only thing i don't know is about the markers - maybe drop the guys ar bass gear a line, they will be able to tell you straight away.

Thanks,

Phil

• 3 months later...