Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Warwick Thumb BO 2006 Ovankol

Ashwood1985

Hi guys,

With a heavy heart I'm putting my thumb up to fund mixing fees!

I bought it from another BCer and did some restoration work on it involving some sanding down, clean out of all cavities and hardware and a fresh coat of wax. I also had Martin at the Gallary take care of the electronics including new pots and jack socket.

Now in fantastic condition, plays beautifully as you might expect and set up very well.

Currently strung with DR Lo Rider Nickels that didn't go on that long ago so still got plenty of 'zing'.

Made in 2006, all Ovankol with a Wenge board. London collection or reasonable meet up preferred as I don't have a hardcase to hand at the moment but would consider posting if needed.

There is a thumb recess above the neck pickup and a blemish to the 'thumb BO' logo on the truss rod cover, all of which can be seen in the pics. For more photos just drop me a PM.

[b]SOLD[/b]

Cheers,

Ash

Edited by Ashwood1985

Hi karlfer,

It's a german made warwick and you can tell from the seriel number on the back of the headstock abd the fact that its all ovankol. Also it's only recently when they have ever made any type of thumb basses outside of Germany which are korean and come with a Maple neck and have only been around a year or two if I'm not mistaken.

Here's a link to the Korean 'pro series' thumb on the Warwick site:

http://www.warwickbass.com/modules/produkte/produkt.php?submenuID=17072&katID=23988&cl=EN