Why become a member? ×

Ashdown maladies

DarkHeart

I must be really unlucky when it comes to amps, i bought a Berhinger last year practiced with it once and it never worked again, today i practiced with a new band for the first time since buying a second hand Ashdown EB180 which worked when i bought it and worked when i got it home but i practice through a smaller combo in the house so its been stood 2 months, plugged it in at the rehearsal rooms switched it on and..........nothing, tried a different socket.still nothing tried a different power lead.......you get the picture. Its not the fuse as ive checked it its really hacked me off, does anyone know anywhere in the north east that fixes amps? i really dont want to fork out another few hundred quid for another one :(

oh yes i can see them, whoop problem found! how do people gig these things for years without a problem and mines been in the car twice and this has happened!

now if only i hadnt blown every fuse i had trying them in my practice amp i could try the thing again doh!! :facepalm: my practice amp has a strange fuse holder that can fit 2 ways but only works one way and blows the fuse the other way whoops 3 blown fuses and no spares till wednesday damnation!

thanks for all your help chaps, much appreciated. Jeff

Edited by DarkHeart