Why become a member? ×

My Bandleader Sheema Live on BBC Radio 3 Tonight (24 Jan)

xilddx

If you're interested my amazing bandleader, sitarist (and bassist / composer) Sheema Mukherjee, is on Late Junction tonight doing a 20 minute improvised piece with Martin Green from Lau on accordion. 11pm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006tp52

It will be on iPlayer if you miss it.

Cheers
Nx

[quote name='oggiesnr' timestamp='1359062897' post='1949413']
Should be good, I've seen Sheema several times with The Imagined Village.

Steve

PS I've sat in sessions with Martin but he's so dam good that I've listened rather than played!
[/quote]

Superb! We'll be playing Sheema's solo work in July, but we won't get near Hull I don't think :(

I had to improvise guitar on My Son John with Martin and Sheema a couple of years ago, it was a little scary but I think he enjoyed it. Lovely guy, amazing musician. His daughter's hilarious :D

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1359063331' post='1949424']
Superb! We'll be playing Sheema's solo work in July, but we won't get near Hull I don't think :(

I had to improvise guitar on My Son John with Martin and Sheema a couple of years ago, it was a little scary but I think he enjoyed it. Lovely guy, amazing musician. His daughter's hilarious :D
[/quote]

When the dates are confirmed please send me a link, I may be in Hull but that doesn't mean I can't travel :)

Steve