Why become a member? ×

Round Wound Nickel Strings - Cheepy cheep cheep

I want to frame this post in some context 'cos I'm slightly embarassed about what I am about to (try to) sell....

A mate asked me to set up his son's bass and put a new set of strings on. The lad is just starting out so the instruction was a cheap but playable set of strings. In a moment of compromised integrity (possibly Jack Daniel's fuelled) I said OK and pressed the order now button on a set of Stagg BA4505 strings. To be fair they're OK if a little unrefined, however they are loooooooong, way too long for the Harley Benton [s]bat[/s] bass I was asked to set up, so I did what I should have done in the first place and got a set of Roto's. So here we have it, a new and unused set of Stagg BA4505 round wound Nickel plated bass stings, perfect for a really long bass......

£6 posted in the UK.

P

Yeah - normally I would, but these are so long that I'd have had to cut all of the silk and taper off which means winding the full thickness of the string round the tuning post, and I couldn't have locked the ends in the centre hole which I'm a bit anal about... I just wasn't feeling the love...