Why become a member? ×

just saying hello from the sunny(!) south coast

rogerds

hello chaps / chapesses.....

please forgive any breaches of ettiquette or plain stupidity on behalf of a newcomer to the forum - have been lurking for a while and am just getting round to registering!

me? - bit of a geriatric punk i guess - been playing for a while - lets just say i bought my precision second-hand in '63 (ought to be a bit better by now i guess!) - main band is a pub / club covers band playing songs folks can hum along to but musical interests are varied - most of my albums are compilations!

gear? - a miscellany of basses - precision, 4001, roadstar, bass collection (very under-rated in my view), SQ Squier, Peavey midi, nomad etc etc... needs thinning out ( have some on ebay as we speak) - played through Flite cabs - imported from US - the first of the really light & portable bass cabs but looking at Schroeder!

gig mainly in and around the Poole / Bournemouth area these days but do have hazy recollections of Hamburg in the 60's! and like others on the list i have a passion for windsurfing & biking

really looking forward to learning from the collective wisdom of you all and maybe contributing here and there if i can

keep up with the low notes!

-roger-

[quote name='Huge Hands' post='202001' date='May 19 2008, 11:27 AM']Welcome.

If your precision was second hand in '63 (i.e. older than that), I'd have said you'll be very popular around here![/quote]
thanks for the welcome and... yes... its a '62 - naturally relic'd ! - several times over -- but its there to be played and not hung on the wall!
roger

[quote name='ShaunB' post='202285' date='May 19 2008, 05:20 PM']Greetings Doc Roger! Glad to see you out in the open around these here parts. Have fun windsurfing today?

Your ole pal, Snudge x

(guys, he's one great bass dude!)[/quote]

hey shaun... easterly and ok.... a few planing runs all the way across - but cold after last week... :)

the 5-string's on eBay - could put it up here i guess...

r

[quote name='rogerds' post='202541' date='May 20 2008, 12:34 AM']thanks for the welcome and... yes... its a '62 - naturally relic'd ! - several times over -- but its there to be played and not hung on the wall!
roger[/quote]

Mucho respect roger! Thats how those old workhorses should be treated!

I do hope you enjoy your stay :)