Why become a member? ×

2 x EA CXL112 Sold

Owen

I bought this whole rig here recently, hoping it would replace my current rig as it is more modular and lighter. Sadly it does not. There is a slight hum but that dissapears when you actually start playing. There is a very slight hint of edge when you really dig in.

800 watts into both cabs. Nice modular but loud rig

£600 + carriage. Firm. Not looking for any trades I'm afraid.

Edited by owen

You are having a clear out.
Just to say I am using two M-lines in a similar flexible rig and cant see me changing and I also owned an iAmp these are disigned to do the job that is bass, not down to a price. You will not find a more flexible amp to get the sound you need and want. Grab a bargain.

[quote name='adriansmith247' timestamp='1358495839' post='1940091']
Those drivers look like whizzy cones. Have they been changed? Do you know the weight of the cabs?
Nice rig.
[/quote]

No, they are the original drivers with proper big compression drivers. The Wizzy thing is round

http://www.shorelinemusic.com/music/amps/euphonic-audio/euphonic-audio-wizzy-12/

They weigh approx 20Kg each. Not BF light, but certainly not heavy.

[quote name='deepbass5' timestamp='1358498748' post='1940136']
You are having a clear out.
Just to say I am using two M-lines in a similar flexible rig and cant see me changing and I also owned an iAmp these are disigned to do the job that is bass, not down to a price. You will not find a more flexible amp to get the sound you need and want. Grab a bargain.
[/quote]

I am having a clear out :) I have WAY too much kit!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Mikey.d' timestamp='1359248057' post='1952208']
Hi, will you split up the rig? I'm interested in the head only...and whats this buzzing problem, is it the amp or the bins or your bass maybe not earthing properly?
[/quote]

The head has probably left the building I'm afraid. But if that changes I will re-anounce.

[quote name='voxpop' timestamp='1359282812' post='1952354']
Is the hum and breakup caused by the speakers or amp ?
Thanks.
[/quote]

The hum is a signal to noise issue in the amp. I have gigged with significantly worse, but I wanted to be clear in the ad. Breakup is on really heavy plucking and in the amp. I have tried the speakers with another known to be working amp and they are fine and dandy.

[quote name='playbass' timestamp='1359283235' post='1952360']
Where are you?

I'd also be interested to hear more about where the hum is coming from.

Do you mean 'edge' in a good way or are you trying to decribe a bad sound?

Thanks.
[/quote]

I am in North Wales. The edge is not what you would call valves being driven into mellow overdrive. It is slightly harsh distortion. Again, on a gig it would simply disappear, but I want to be clear about stuff.

I hope that answers all the questions. As I said the amp is more than likely gone and, as I forgot to say, one speaker is spoken for.

Thanks y'all :)

Edited by owen

• 3 weeks later...

The top cab is the CxL112EV and is vinyl covered with corner protectors - the EA logo is red but the light makes it look white. I am guessing that this has an EV driver in it. The other one is the other one :) Both sound much of a muchness. Really nice cabs for not much money. If I was not cabbed up already I could be more than happy with these.

• 3 weeks later...