Why become a member? ×

2013 Warwicks

throwoff

[quote name='mart' timestamp='1358461197' post='1939842']
I guess. But I think I prefer your suggestion of a single channel amp, especially if it were lighter and cheaper (as it should be).
[/quote]

I agree, a single channel 500W version would be just the ticket. That is basically 2 times what I need/want.
You never know, they may be testing the water with this and will see how it goes.

Eude

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1358503211' post='1940264']
That looks like a great amp! Would be especially great for having one clean and one dirty channel live.. Hmm...
[/quote]
Except you'd need a separate box to link the two channels. It looks like a useful amp for people for switch between two different basses live. Maybe I'm just too used to multi-channel guitars amps that have a single input and switchable channels.

[quote name='mart' timestamp='1358507021' post='1940370']
Except you'd need a separate box to link the two channels. It looks like a useful amp for people for switch between two different basses live. Maybe I'm just too used to multi-channel guitars amps that have a single input and switchable channels.
[/quote]

Link the two channels?

I'm thinking two separate feeds from the pedalboard, one clean and one dirty

[quote name='mart' timestamp='1358507021' post='1940370']
[/quote]

Reckon it'd be useful for folks who double on upright and regular electric bass.
I'm not sure you could get a dirty tone from it anyway, is it's all solid state so it might sound nasty as it breaks up.

Eude

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1358507220' post='1940373']

Link the two channels?

I'm thinking two separate feeds from the pedalboard, one clean and one dirty
[/quote]
So, somewhere on your board you need a device that splits the signal into a clean and a dirty. Ok, "link" might not sound like "split" but they mean the same thing in my head! :D

Anyway, now I see where you are coming from. It took me a while, because I've always gone for the simple bass -> cable -> amp set-up!

Edited by mart

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1358518355' post='1940676']
Me too! But the possibilities of two seperately driven cabs practically has me drooling :lol:
[/quote]
Fair enough, but this amp only has one output, so won't do that, will it?

Just spotted another application though: if you've two bassists in your band, they could both go through this one amp. So that's Ned's Atomic Dustbin sorted! :D

[quote name='mart' timestamp='1358548988' post='1941393']

Fair enough, but this amp only has one output, so won't do that, will it?

Just spotted another application though: if you've two bassists in your band, they could both go through this one amp. So that's Ned's Atomic Dustbin sorted! :D
[/quote]

I thought it had two outputs.

It does seem an odd choice. It presumably has two preamps but a shared power amp. So only a small saving compared with a proper stereo set-up. But I can see it's more simple and intuitive than a memory/presets amp, and that's going to appeal to some people.