Why become a member? ×

weinbrock bass amp.

paulflan0151

My mate played one a few months ago, think it was a 200w head .. he liked it (I've asked him to comment btw) I also saw one of his guitar combos in a Keighley shop & is certainly looked quality (was not cheap which some how reassuring lol) .. on website they do look nice but haven't tried myself.

Si

I played a protoype live a few times at a local blues festival last year and to be honest they are not for me! Maybe it will suit you better, but make sure that you give it a good try out first.

I've met Rob and he is a nice guy who knows his stuff, but I think that he has to really think thru what bass players need from an amp. His guitar amps are [b]very, very [/b]good.....!

I must have played the same one as peteb at the blues festival, I quite liked it! Great tone, efficient and punchy live. A decent quality build as with the guitar amps.

Some footage here, camera's moving around and picking up through the mic only so sound's a bit chaotic at times:

http://youtu.be/OhwQKB0ip-s

There you go - what works for one player may not for another!

I would love Rob to work with a bass player who has got a good idea about getting different bass sounds and produce an amp with more headroom and possibly different voicings!

I'm sure that would be great.....

PS. Good luck to the OP whatever you do and let us know how you get on - I for one would be very interested.....

Edited by peteb