Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Combo

acidbass

Hello all,

I picked up an Ashdown ABM 2x10 Combo last week second hand off a guy in England, and it didn't arrive in perfect condition!

When I turn the amp on, the fan starts, the gauge lights up, but at best I get a farty, broken up sound when the Gain and Master Volume controls are even turned up slightly.

Has anyone had similar problems with Ashdown? Any suggestions as to a course of action?

Thanks in advance,

Danny

might be a problem with the tube, but to be honest it could be any number of things, any idea how old the amp is? is it one made in the uk or one of the newer japan ones?

give ashdown a shout as they get back to you very quickly and they could give you a better idea of what to do.

[quote name='john_the_bass' post='200639' date='May 16 2008, 06:49 PM']does it sound the same with the tube switch in and out?[/quote]

Yes, same problem!

When I turn the amp on, the little gain dial lights up as normal. However, it only actually picks up the level of the bass signal once every minute or so, then cuts again (ie the needle moves)

Any ideas? Will email Ashdown now.

Thanks so far guys!

Danny