Why become a member? ×

Roland Micro Cube or Fender Bronco 40?

Hoffbass

Hi,
I am after a good home practice amp and hesitating between a Roland Micro Cube and a Fender Bronco 40.
Could any of you guys tell me what would be the best option regarding sound quality,effects etc....?
I know the Roland has an inbuilt drum machine but the Fender might sounds better.I would go with the better sounding amp definitely as drum machine downloads are available now from even smartphones.
Cheers

Edited by Hoffbass

I owned & used a Roland Micro Bass Cube for about a year, plenty of effects/modelling but I found it lacking (a lot) using my passive P-basses. I found it only really usable with an active bass, I liked my Skjold through it. The 'tap - - tap' to set the beat/time for the drum machine drove me mad, could never get the timing spot on, never understood why not fit a rotary 'speed' control?

I bought it to keep in the sitting room, ready for the ocassional playing along to the TV or DVD, it never got used :( bought & sold on here for about £100 IIRC, so if you can get one 2nd hand to try you're not likely to loose a lot should it not meet your expectations.

From what I recall - trying Fender amps like the Bronco 40 you might find it the better sounding amp - but worth trying a few in your local shop if you can before splashing the cash. I had a Trace Elliot Boxer 65 a few years back, about £75 off ebay, now they're a decent practise amp :)

Cheerz, John

Practise amps are one thing I think you can get a reasonable idea of in a shop environment/music room.

Sorry to thread hijack but i have a Roland Bass Cube 20XL that i just put up for sale yesterday. Much more powerful than the one with the drum machine and sounds great with all the modelling and fx options on it. Might be an option for you. About 1 year old and immaculate.

Heres the link

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/195643-roland-bass-cube-20xl-combo-for-sale/page__fromsearch__1

Cheers