Why become a member? ×

Premier Artist 3-piece jazz drum kit SOLD please remove

Needs must to keep the band van on the road; gutted to get rid of this and said I never would, as it's awesome!

It's a UK-made Premier Artist Club, minus the original 10" rack tom which has gone walkies, so 20x8" bass drum, 13x13" floor tom and 13x5" snare. As you can see, in a lovely sparkly silver finish, and with very little wear for what's been a gigging kit for a good few years! The chrome has abandoned much of the tom legs, and the bass drum spurs have had to be re-engineered as the original screw threads stripped but apart from that there's no battle scars to speak of and it all works perfectly and sounds fantastic.

Fitted with Remo reso heads throughout, an Evans Edge Control batter on the snare, Remo CS batter on the kick on a Remo-made Arbiter-badged coated batter on the floor (no idea what the reso on the kick drum is, and there's such a big 'port' cut into it that it scarcely matters ;)), all with plenty of life left in 'em.

Speaks a thousand words, and all that:

The kick and snare both have fitted Hardcase, um, hardcases, and the floor tom fits nicely into a Warwick 13" tom bag (all of them with a little road wear, but totally solid and they've done their job!).

The hardware would also be going, whether with kit or separately - Gibraltar throughout, mostly the 56-- series (5606 snare stand, 5607 hi-hat stand, 5609 boom cymbal stand and Prowler 5611 kick drum pedal, plus the bulkier-but-more-comfy 9608 stool (which I think has a TINY nick in the seat somewhere, I'll check later)).

Right, monies - for the kit in its cases I don't think I'd be taking the p!ss to ask for [b]£250[/b], as a Far East-made shell pack version of the fusion kit went for £190 on the 'bay recently without a snare, and the cases alone would be over £120 new.

Hardware from a quick Google would be the thick end of £200 new, so I'd be looking for about [b]£120[/b] for the lot (and I'd throw in the heavy-duty hardware bag pictured - actually a military tow-rope bag, but PERFECT for this!); would of course be willing to separate.

The cymbals which are pictured are nothing to write home about in terms of 'vintage', but they sound amazing together and are a perfect match for the kit as a jazz/acoustic ensemble: a pair of 12" Zildjian hi-hats of uncertain heritage (from the logo I think 1950s, but there's no guarantee that they haven't been cut down or even that they're a matching pair, and there's a fair bit of keyholing on the top one which has been fixed with a rubber grommit; all I know is that they sound great) and an 18" Zilco crash/ride badged as being made in Canada (so probably from the late 60s; superb bell sound and a lovely wash, but still crashes beautifully). For these I'd be happy with [b]£80[/b] for both.

I'm in south Birmingham for collection, but shall be up to the north East (Hull kinda way), into Staffordshire and probably down into Warwickshire for family-type stuff over the next week or so.

Wow, I waffle.

Edited by Ian Savage

[quote name='sticker' timestamp='1356977469' post='1916012'] Don't suppose you'd be interested in some kind of trade , I have a mint Ashdown Mag evo 3 head and 1x15 that I'm looking to shift? Stu [/quote]

I'm all good for amps cheers Stu (which is part of the reason that this has to go ;) - thanks anyway!

[quote name='steve' timestamp='1357040117' post='1916564']
Ian, I think my blues band drummer may be interested in the shells, can you pm me your email and i'll pass it on to him, cheers
[/quote]

Done, thanks Steve; kit'll be on eBay tonight though so kick him up the arse (nicely) ;)