Why become a member? ×

Bass Doc 'Miller' Jazz

mojobass

OK, so faced with having to sell off a few of my basses (worst of all my much loved S2 :( ) I thought, 'how can I cheer myself up abit!'? well....

I decided to raid my spares and see what I had and what could be done with them, so...

I had a sunbirst Miller jazz a few years ago and loved it but like everything it was sold for something else, and TBH I wasnt over keen on the maple neck.

I had bought a miller preamp and plate months ago with the intention of using it eventually so, here's a list of what I had:

Marcus MIller preamp & plate
schaller 3D bridge
SD vintage neck pup
Fender SCN bridge pup
Squier Pbass neck - Rosewood board

So all I needed was a body, and thats where Howard came in!. I got in touch and as luck would have it he had a squier VM jazz body for a very reasonable price!! and the project was born.

A trip to see H, quick chat about possibilities and two days later...........
[attachment=125453:PC160093.JPG] [attachment=125454:PC160092.JPG] [attachment=125455:PC160095.JPG]

needless to say I'm very pleased with the result! plays and sounds great and at a fraction of the price of a genuine Miller!!!

Only problem is after talking to Howard it looks like some of my other spares may well be getting used soon!!

Edited by mojobass

• 2 weeks later...