Why become a member? ×

not bad for a second gig!

0175westwood29

this a live recording of my band supporting maverick sabre at Superfest in plymouth, a event put on by EE the new 4g phone company.

was an awesome night! this is our cover of a billy idol song from the night was a really fun gig to play, met maverick and he was a top bloke, also props must go to ee for putting a metal band on the bill with him!!

please dnt judge the audio to much as its recorded straight from the mic on a nikon 3200 dslr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njQeAAIDrMc

would love some feed back, please if you dnt like heavy metal vocals please dnt just focus on that!

andy

[quote name='Roc' timestamp='1356196048' post='1907868']
Pretty heavy but good stuff. Is this the section for posting video's then. Class backing singers BTW.
[/quote]

to be honest i kinda guessed! couldnt see a video section on the main forum?

yeh was weird playing with them but gives a certain creepyness to the song.

Difficult to work from the audio feed..but that is all we have.

The drums don't work for me... I don't get the tune on them
and they just don't carry in the mix.
Not sure the P.A was man enough so that might not help the drums issue..??
I like the idea of the song mash-up in Vid 3.

Vox are not my thing so no comment there

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1356288166' post='1908852']
Difficult to work from the audio feed..but that is all we have.

The drums don't work for me... I don't get the tune on them
and they just don't carry in the mix.
Not sure the P.A was man enough so that might not help the drums issue..??
I like the idea of the song mash-up in Vid 3.

Vox are not my thing so no comment there
[/quote]

yeh hoping to get the audio of the desk and remix it ourselves, which will give a much nicer audio in general. i think its the camera inbuilt mic and where are friend was recording from as the pa was huge, its also as our drummer admits not the best kit in the world.

thanks for checking the videos out tho mate!

Well... Video cams or phones are a complete lottery re the sound.
We have had good and bad results with these basic point and shoots but we never expected to be able to use them.
It depends on quite a few hit and miss things, IME.

Best audio we had was a Zoom H2..?? IIRC... as we able to regulate the input into the mic so the
audio picked up the mix without clipping. The rest of the core sounds and playing came across and was a useable reference.

For me, the drums don't drive the tracks..but to be fair, a better mix might allow me to elaborate.
I think the drums need to be big and at the forefront as they have to dominate...or at least not get swamped
by twin gtrs.

I would think your sort of material needs a very good P.A and sound... as the gtrs will invaribly be very
powerful and over-dominant very easily. The vox are hard to cut thru unless the P.A has a lot of volume
to give..as those low vox tend not to project.

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1356385819' post='1909890']
Well... Video cams or phones are a complete lottery re the sound.
We have had good and bad results with these basic point and shoots but we never expected to be able to use them.
It depends on quite a few hit and miss things, IME.

Best audio we had was a Zoom H2..?? IIRC... as we able to regulate the input into the mic so the
audio picked up the mix without clipping. The rest of the core sounds and playing came across and was a useable reference.

For me, the drums don't drive the tracks..but to be fair, a better mix might allow me to elaborate.
I think the drums need to be big and at the forefront as they have to dominate...or at least not get swamped
by twin gtrs.

I would think your sort of material needs a very good P.A and sound... as the gtrs will invaribly be very
powerful and over-dominant very easily. The vox are hard to cut thru unless the P.A has a lot of volume
to give..as those low vox tend not to project.
[/quote]

im really hoping that in the new year that we'll get all the tracks from the desk, yeh totally agree about the guitars im actually very impressed with how my bass cuts thru, cant wait for my hartke 115 hydrive to show up!

ok cool well like i said hopefully have a better mix for ppl in the new year

andy