Why become a member? ×

Line6 repair service?

Sibob

My DL-4 has gone the way of the dodo (constant bypass, no lights or wet signal).
Does anyone have any experience of the Line 6 tech/repair support, or better to go to someone smaller/private? Bearing in mind it's a digital dsp based pedal.

Cheers
Si

In my experience, when things like this happen, if it's out of warranty, hit up eBay. Even if you find a cosmetically challenged pedal, you can always lift the internals and put in your existing case. Digital pedals generally have the boards thrown and replaced with new ones... it's all down to whether you are ripped on the replacement board and postage costs to see if it's worthwhile. And don't be surprised if the parts are being sourced from the States :( (Not had experience with Line 6 directly so they may keep a set of spares in the UK, or then again, they may just concentrate on retail).

Either way, good luck!

• 1 month later...

Have to say, I'm pretty happy with the experience now I have my DL-4 back.
I was a little grumpy that they didn't sort the (very minor as it turns out) switch issue, even after I bought it up, but I fixed that myself after some Google help in 10 seconds.
£50, 5-day turnaround, they sent the pedal back in a DL-4 box with manual (where there wasn't one before), nice people on the phone.

Cool :)

Si

That sounds pretty good to me. Nice to know that there are still some people out there doing a decent job. Must admit, when I had problems with one of my digital pedals, I gave up on it and sold it on eBay for peanuts - makes you wonder if there are people making a living buying up these pedals, getting them serviced and selling them on again...

Hmm...