Why become a member? ×

Geddy Lee Sig. bass neck

SOLD!

Hi people

I've got a new neck for my Geddy courtesy of Mr. Jon Shuker. I therefore no longer need the old one. I kept this bass in a gigbag so the only wear at all (beyond any slight fret wear that there may be) is some transfer of the dye of the black gig bag onto the top edges of the circle shaped portion of the Fender headstock and the rounded surface of said portion.

It's fully wrapped in bubble wrap very securely already since leaving Shuker's bass base, therefore pics will be on request. Please note that my camera is my cameraphone, so quality won't be great. You may be better checking out the Fender site to get an idea of what the necks that come on these great basses look like.

This neck can be yours for a mere [b]£200[/b] plus postage.

Note: I started a previous thread (repair section) on why I was getting a new neck made. Essentially I have very exacting preferences in my action, and this neck wasn't quite capable of achieving those tolerances. If you want a jazz bass neck with submillimeter action at the 12th fret this neck isn't for you. Above a 1/1.5/2 mm action at 12th fret you'll be fine.

Also I had to pilfer the string tree for the new neck (button string tree), so the hardware is minus said tree.

Let me know if you're interested.

Mark

[attachment=8812:IMAGE_074.jpg]
[attachment=8818:IMAGE_075.jpg]
This was the best image I could get off the gig-bag transfer.
[attachment=8819:IMAGE_076.jpg]
[attachment=8820:IMAGE_078.jpg]
[attachment=8821:IMAGE_079.jpg]
Sorry about the foot!

Edited by mcgraham

• 1 month later...