Why become a member? ×

Can you stack Orange cabs on their side

Who's Who

Hi guys

I recently traded my Orange OBC 410, and now have the Orange OBC 115 and 210. I've read plenty of threads where people suggest stacking cabs on their side is much better as the stack will be physically higher and closer to your ear.
The Orange OBC 115 and 210 are the same dimension cab, each with a port to the side.
Would it still be OK to stack the cabs vertically so that the port of each cab is at the bottom and the rig is higher. Just wondered if this would affect the cab in any way. Also the cabs have wooden skids on the bottom.

Here's a link to a picture for reference: http://www.orangeamps.com/products/bass-guitar-speaker-enclosures/obc-series/obc-210-speaker-cab/

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance

Sure you can?

Will it make a difference? No idea, you'd gain about 20 centimetres in height, and if that makes the difference of the drivers being closer to your ear then by all means do it.

You cn always try it first? you won't break anything anyway by doing it.

I always stack my 2x10 vertically as it's a massive height difference. The ampegs I have now are made to stand vertically with feet on the actual bottoms. I was using Markbass TRV210p's and they are designed to stand horizontally, but the plastic corners act as feet so I could of stacked them however I pleased and they still stood up right ok.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1354220396' post='1883875']
Sure you can?

Will it make a difference? No idea, you'd gain about 20 centimetres in height, and if that makes the difference of the drivers being closer to your ear then by all means do it.

You cn always try it first? you won't break anything anyway by doing it.

I always stack my 2x10 vertically as it's a massive height difference. The ampegs I have now are made to stand vertically with feet on the actual bottoms. I was using Markbass TRV210p's and they are designed to stand horizontally, but the plastic corners act as feet so I could of stacked them however I pleased and they still stood up right ok.
[/quote]

I just wasn't sure if the positioning of the port may affect the way the cab sounded/performed