Why become a member? ×

Hello

JamesBass

Good afternoon all,

Just wanted to say a quick little Hello and give an introduction. I'm a 19 year old Bassist, been playing for 9 years now, currently own and play a Traben John Moyer Standard Signature and a Squire P-Bass, all through an Ashdown EB-12-180 Combo. Play mainly Rock and it's vast amount of sub-genres but also play Jazz and Blues. Currently a Music Performance Student on the South Coast and looking to improve my gear.

Evening Leen, yeah I know everyone says that, plus I'm practically a hobbit so at 10 I ended up learning on a 3/4 scale neck it was a Red Squire Bronco bass! Bloody loved that thing! I got into the idea of bass when I came across John Entwistle and Steve Harris! Well that and a mate had recently started learning guitar and we came up with the plan that by 16 (I know we aimed a tad high!) We'd be supporting Maiden at Wembley! Although that same mate and I are still playing together and studying the same degree at the same place in fact!

Hi Bert,

Definitely is James aha, only Bassist I can think of who shares the name James is Mr James Jamerson aha

I hope I fit into the place quite well? Seems many of us on here which is fantastic to see, sick of getting stuck with bloody guitarists and drummers everywhere else!

Haha I wish! When I was 16 I was still sat/stood in my bedroom playing along to Maiden tracks sadly, however I hope I do get to even meet those guys one day, I'm pretty certain they'll even manage to out last my career and I'm just starting out!

Hm, I'm pretty sure Henry James played the double bass, and that should count after all.

Guitarists and drummers? Ha! You've seen nothing yet. Wait til you grow up and get to meet a keyboardist!
Brace yourself! They're the filth of the earth. Always thinking they're best at playing and have the best education. And don't get me started on their pet peeve about polyrhythmic poley-phoney or what they call it. Insufferable bastards, the lot of them.

Yeah, all respect to the Maiden guys. Imho, they're even better now than they were earlier.

best,
bert
PS kindly find my pianos, organs, harpsichords and synths on my website. :)

True, he did and was rather amazing at that! Oh the keyboardists I've come across thus far have been generally ok, for now. However drummers and guitarists are just awful awful people! But all are over shadowed by that fantastic thing that is a singer! Oh how unfortunately necessary they are in the majority of music! I'll take a look sometime :)