Why become a member? ×

Fender Mexico Geddy Lee

afterimage

Hi everyone just. Purchased a Geddy Lee imported from the states. Build quality. Very good. Excellent finish compared it to a squire and my china copy. So it had something to reference it against. Personally. I think the UK price is way to high. for it. Was set up for me so only minor tuning was needed play ability very good. Nice action too. The neck is quite slim tone has a nice growl to it. Looking forward to bedding it in. Strings are the only thing. I will change. Well pleased with it. Paul

[quote name='afterimage' timestamp='1354134230' post='1882621']
Hi everyone just. Purchased a Geddy Lee imported from the states. Build quality. Very good. Excellent finish compared it to a squire and my china copy. So it had something to reference it against. Personally. I think the UK price is way to high. for it. Was set up for me so only minor tuning was needed play ability very good. Nice action too. The neck is quite slim tone has a nice growl to it. Looking forward to bedding it in. Strings are the only thing. I will change. Well pleased with it. Paul
[/quote] . Jazz bass

IMO the Japanese Geddys (or should that be "Geddies?") represent one of the best value Fender products out there. OK, they are not cheap when new, but compared to some of the US models they were still pretty reasonable. Build quality excellent and playability outstanding.

If the Mex versions are as good then they are still very good value - just not as good value as the Jap ones. If Fender moved production to Mexico to lower production costs then you might expect the quality of the basses to drop slightly. If they don't, then they are still great basses at a good price. If quality falls then Fender have shot themselves in the foot.

Edited by Conan

• 1 month later...

[quote name='afterimage' timestamp='1354394620' post='1885598']
Will do a comparison. One day.with a japanese build. I got a great deal on mine escaped the dressed vat so well worth the price
[/quote]

Just got my Geddy Lee Japan-crafted and couldn't be happier. Neck profile is quite slim; less pain playing certain runs on the E string. All the workmanship is tops, the instrument is beautiful, the electronics first-rate -- and I got it for a very nice price (and some Japanese Fenders are hard to get here). I'd be interested to play a Mexican version and will if I get the chance.

tg