Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Aguilar tone hammer preamp pedal?

Freddie75

Hi, i am using a hartke lh500 and a spector euro 4lx bass. I'm thinking of getting this pedal to give me more tonal options. I like paul turners sound and understand he uses a db750 - this is the type of tone i would like to acheive for one of the bands i play in. Anyone have any experience with one of these? Also, are they pointless with an active bass?

Thanks
Freddie

Much more to his tone than a DB751. The amp will be great but so is the signal in.

I am not sure of the bass you are using but if it can't do a vintage J bass...and many Jazzes can't do it, then you aren't in the right ball park, IMO

I have a TH and a DB750.. the pedal is decent and a good DI backup but the DB amp sounds so good because it does SVT with a thump..
which is also the whole point of a SVT ..the power stage is the king. I actually think the DB is the modern day SVT..just not so heavy.
You'll still know you have picked one up tho.. :lol: :lol:

Must admit I am always sceptical about SVT type simulations...I think you may get the sound but not the SOUND, if you understand.

SVT and DB sound so good because of the awesome power stages....and anything without that is going to be lightwieght in comparison.
Not totally redundant or useless..but not the real thing. IMO/IME.