Why become a member? ×

Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Basses

Lozz196

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1361745368' post='1990313']
Nice one , how does it compare to your other shorties?

Liking the choice of guard, maybe I should get a vintage blond for mine?
[/quote]

The first thing you notice is the weight, its a lot hevier than any of my other bases. The neck also feels a lot chunkier, and fret spacing is not as comftable as my 30.5" scales. I keep meaning to check it against a P neck coz it feels just like my old Mike Dirnt's neck. To be honest bought it as much on looks as sound. I do love the tone of that big humbucker though. I have a few more mods planed for the future. Guna change the bridge and mod to strung through the body (its a tele so it should be strung through) the J pick-up is a bit weaker than the humbucker so might try somthing a bit hotter. also some more cosmetic stuff, bridge controle plate and knobs in black chrome should see it done. I did consider fitting a third pickup (the single coil type in the other model) but having tryed one a few weeks ago im not guna bother coz it was no match for the tone of the speical. Intrestingly i tryed the new pawn shop Mustang the other day, it has the humbucker too. Sounded wicked and will be my next purchase.

as for pick-guards ? thats a hard one. black on blond looks good, a pearl would bling it up. a white pearl mite look good, It dose on the new oly white pawn shop mustang. My fender jag (in oly white) looks good with its tort guard mabe try n get some photos of difrent types print samples out n put them next to your bass? worth noting i made my own coz i couldnt find anyone selling them though. Im to tight to pay 50 plus for a custom job lol. You will notice all my basses have matching pick-guards :-)

[quote name='spaners' timestamp='1362093591' post='1995869']
Got tempted in Navada music today and bought a shiny new pawn shop mustang, so im guna have to sell somthing. If anyone looking at this thred wants a tele bass i may sell mine (but not for silly monney) feel free to make an offer
[/quote]

I think this is likely to be the first secondhand one up for sale??

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1362139526' post='1996257']
I think this is likely to be the first secondhand one up for sale??
[/quote]

Could well be lol, depends what the bank account looks like in a couple a weeks whem i get back from Macau
And i got bad gass for a matching bassIV too lol

• 4 months later...