Why become a member? ×

Coincidence or something else at work?

ezbass

Maybe it's just me but there appears to be a shared collective consciousness being displayed in the BC marketplace. I've noticed over some months that we get waves of particular manufacturers wares being for sale at the same time, not your big players like Fender, etc, but more niche builders. Some time back there was a rash of Sandbergs for sale, then there were suddenly at 3 different Sadowskys for sale (any for sale here at all seems a rarity) and now it's the turn of Phil Jones stuff it seems. Just seems weird. Anyone else notice other occasions of synchronicity occurring here?

A case for Mulder and Scully?

there are folk who buy and sell their gear more than I do, so something becomes fashionable then folk will buy it - a few years back everyone wanted Lakland, then Sadowsky and so on... give it a couple of years and maybe they are looking for something different and put it up for sale. Thing is all it takes is one person to do it and there is a price point that people can work around so people are more likely to list. Thats what I think anyway.
I mean at the moment, even with my half withdrawn ad there are abotu 6 or so JV squiers on offer. A while back there were none (mind you none have sold yet!)