Why become a member? ×

Fender Pawn Shop Reverse Jaguar

thegom

If they'd actually just made a proper non-reverse medium scale jag-type thing I think they would probably sell quite a few, I'd certainly be tempted.
I think the aesthetic is going to limit the sales enormously, some people will love it, but I suspect most will hate it...

Eude

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1376559427' post='2175870']
I tried one in a shop a few weeks back. Not impressed. Anything above about the 15th fret is completely off limits (some might say that's a good point ;) ) - there's no attempt to contour the cutaway - it is literally an upside down body, so your hand is presented with a wall of wood beyond which you can't even stretch over. Even on the Thunderbird the wings are thinner than the central block of the body so there's a bit less wood to get your hand to stretch/lean over. Sound was meh, heard it before, it was merely perfunctory, didn't grab me at all. I wasn't put through the best of amps to be fair, but when the input signal is good, the character will show through. My Gibson Victory Artist managed to sound authoritative and meaty through my old 30W Laney practice amp, so there you go. I thought the reverse Jag sounded ordinary, very little character to the sound. Basically, it's a lefty Jaguar bass ruined as far as I'm concerned. The Cabronita P I bought later that day absolutely destroyed it for sound and playability.
[/quote]

I'm going to try me one of those cabronita basses before I decide, sounds interesting and costs less!