Why become a member? ×

White NJ Mockingbird on ebay

Mr. Foxen

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/B-C-Rich-Mockingbird-NJ-Series-Bass-Rare-Made-in-Japan-/110975222701?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item19d6a383ad

This one is a warning, not totally sure, but it fits the description, including the coming in pieces, and being missing the neck pickup, along with the laminated neck, of a bass a BCer had with a unfixable bowed neck (hence the note about the action). If it is that one, its a new neck job, not a get it set up one, so price shouldn't be too much higher than it is starting.

I should say, I think this was my bass, and although I was unable to fix it, I never took it to a luthier to have it assessed so it might be possible - who knows. It was quite heavily bowed though and would need to be replaned at the least I would have thought. I didn't think it was worth it as I've played Mocks without plywood necks that felt/sounded better to me anyway.

The trouble with these necks, the fretboard in NOT wood, it is a manmade substance, which feels very grainey against you teeth when you rip one apart

The fretboard has no strength, I had a Warlock with this bad bow problem, bought 2 carbon fibre rods and a new truss rod for it, my luthier removed the fretboard (Eventually) and replaced it with a slab of Ebony, using the original truss rod, the neck was then fine :)