Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

My mistake

Or obscure model? I've never seen anything like this, it looks glaringly bad and my instinct was it's a very bad fake but the seller seems legit (even if he can't spell musical). Anybody know anything about this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EPIPHONE-THUNDERBIRD-ELECTRIC-BASS-GUITAR-POWDER-BLUE-MUSICIAL-INSTRUMENT-BAND-N-/230875300300?pt=Guitar&hash=item35c13d81cc

Edit: Disregard this, I stand corrected. My apologies to all non-reverse t-bird owners/fans, I'd not seen one before and Epiphones website didn't have one listed.

Edited by Blackbird88

In fact on closer inspection everything about it is wrong, PJ pickups, fender style bridge, pots are wrong type and location and the tuners are the wrong side. Headstock might be the wrong shape too, I'm looking at it on my phone so the picture isn't very big or very clear. And obviously the body is the wrong shape. It's like it was made by someone who'd had a t-bird vaguely described to them.

I don't think you've insulted anyone matey! I don't find them very endearing to look at either, though they do sound nice.
The Gibson version looks slightly better as the headstock is the other way round, dunno wot Epiphone were thinking when they reversed it.