Why become a member? ×

TC BH250 head into 2 8 ohm XL410 cabs with only 1 speaker out on the BH250??

Groove65

Hi all, just picked up a TC BH250 head (lovely little thing !) and ive got a Hartke XL410 to run it through.

the question i have is the XL410 is a 8 ohm cab with 2 jacks - 1 input and 1 'extension'

does anyone know if the 'extension' is a parallel output ? ideally i want to run a couple of 8 ohm cabs off the one speakon jack on the back of the BH250 head (yes its only got the one speaker output) to give me a nice 4 ohm load total.

my concern is that plugging another 8 ohm cab into the 'extension' on the back of the hartke is just going to result in a 16 ohm series load...

thoughts ??

infact, does anyone know how to get a parallel config if you only have 1 speaker out on the amp head ?

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1351795292' post='1855570']
Daisy-chaining two 8 ohm cabs from one speaker output will be a 4 ohm load.
[/quote]
∧∧∧ Exactly! Default setup when you daisy-chain is [i]parallel[/i] connection. If you do want to run cabs in series for some reason, you need to make up a special lead and be [u]very[/u] careful how you connect it!

Lol ;)

one thing i noticed in practise tonight was the lack of treble in the setup - seems the 410XL on its own with the BH250 is very mids biased... wonder if its because the XL410 doesnt have a horn in it ?

loving the BH250 though - played it at 1/2 power for 2 hours and it wasnt even getting warm !! and the inbuilt tuner is a really nice feature