Why become a member? ×

replacement amp during amp repair

ahpook

just musing on my guitarist friend's problem...

he bought a laney valve amp from GAK a couple on months ago and now it's packed up. he's going to talk to GAK tomoz and try and get it repaired. the amp's had only very light use, so chances are it's a problem with the amp rather than way it's been treated.

now, this leaves him ampless...

has anyone ever manged to get a replacement amp out of a company in this kind of situation ?

i'm sure there's no legal requirement for the company to help in this way, but if it were a car in for repair, you might get a courtesy car.

any thoughts ?

Well he can ask them if they have any secondhand stock they'd lend out.

When the guitarist in o5b blew up his amp at the end of a gig (near the end of the second encore if I remember correctly) he didn't have anything for the next couple of rehearsals so I lent him my v-ampII box & stuck it through a spare channel on the PA.

My guitarist (not reknowned for having the best of luck with gear - it seems to take against him for some reason) had a Marshall TSL combo from them that went wrong just over 3 months old and it had to go back to Marshall for repair. Lucky he still had his JMP1. His new Strat died after a couple of months, but that was just a loose wire on the 5 way selector.

If it is not that old he might try for a straight replacement, but I suspect they will not lend him anything.