Why become a member? ×

Ever suddenly realised you've been playing a song incorrectly for 20 years?

leschirons

I don't really get too hung up about nailing someone else's bass line 100%. Sometimes I will play it note for note or do my own thing.

I play in a band that play a lot of Northern Soul, Stax and Motown. When I study the songs notice quite a few inconsistencies and mistakes by the player. Usually down to the fact that older songs were not tracked individually in the recording studio and the band would all play all together in one take, so these little mistakes happen. I find it hard to purposely make mistakes...but make plenty of them when I try not to!

Edited by shizznit

[quote name='shizznit' timestamp='1351551934' post='1852647']
I don't really get too hung up about nailing someone else's bass line 100%. Sometimes I will play it note for note or do my own thing.

I play in a band that play a lot of Northern Soul, Stax and Motown. When I study the songs notice quite a few inconsistencies and mistakes by the player. Usually down to the fact that older songs were not tracked individually in the recording studio and the band would all play all together in one take, so these little mistakes happen. I find it hard to purposely make mistakes...but make plenty of them when I try not to!
[/quote]
I like this - it works for me :)