Why become a member? ×

** SOLD ** FS/FT: Jazz Bass Body - Cherryburst - VERY lightweight

Bought it from the US on eBay a month or so ago. Here's the text from the original ebay auction details

"This auction is for one Used Custom Jazz Bass Loaded Body, Light Weight, High Quality, Replacement 2012/2013 Paulownia Solid Wood Body, Cherry Burst, in excellent condition, a couple of light short scratches on the back of the body. They would not show up in photo after photo, but, they are there. Weighs as shown 3 pounds 12.75 ounces. I used Fender Squire Standard pickups, controls & misc. hardware, except for the pickup guard and control knobs which are Fender Squier Vintage Modified. Paulownia is a light weight, warp free, wood also used to make surf boards; because of its strength, the surf boards do not need the fiber glass outer strength layer. Neck Pocket 2 7/16 inch wide, 3 1/16 long, & 11/16 deep."

I've measured the neck pocket and at its widest point it's 63mm and 18.5mm deep.

When I first held it, it felt like I was holding a big bit of Styrofoam, it's so light. The pictures don't do it justice; it's lovely looking.

As for condition I've managed to put a couple of small scratches on the back while trying to mounting the neck (also for sale). Also a tiny amount of damage to one of the neck screw holes which is completely hidden by a neck plate and has no effect whatsoever. Have neither the skill nor inclination to complete this project.

Although it cost me £150 to get it here, realistically I'd like [b]£120[/b] for it fully loaded, [b]£100[/b] for just the body. [b]Prices include postage[/b]. The bits are worth more than the difference but it's agg to strip them out and sell individually.

Feel free to make me a reasonable offer. As for trades or P/X, I'm after a lightweight jazz bass. Around 8lbs, less would be nice. Doesn't have to be anything fancy.

Edited by Sharkfinger