Why become a member? ×

SOLD Vigier Arpege Custom 5 string Thru-neck SOLD

bassmanady

I am selling my Arpege Custom 5 string,serial no 079, and i think its about 2 years old
Details:
Thru-Neck,Vigier 90/10 system:flame maple and graphite stringers,Phenowood fingerboard,
Body,Flame maple front and back,with alder core.
Pickups,Benedetti alnico 8 single coil soap bar style
Electronics,Bartolini preamp 18 vollt,board 4.7AP NTMB-918F,3 band eq,and 3 way mid frequency selector switch.
Passive selection via pull up on volume control.

The bass weighs in at a comfortable 9 1/2lbs,and has excellent balance,and has heaps of sustain and no dead spots :)

I am the second owner,the original paid £2000 new,(have price tag)I paid £1400, 7 months ago,i am selling for a bargain price of £1095..ovno....no trades as i need cash for new arrival :huh:

I now see Bass Direct will be stocking Vigier basses,and the new model Arpege 5 are only bolt-on necks with a MRRP of £2736.As far as i am aware they will only be making a limited run of thru-neck models.

Selling with Ritter gig bag
Cheers Ady

Edited by bassmanady

[quote name='Merton' post='193977' date='May 7 2008, 04:07 PM']Damn that's nice. After playing Luke's Vigier 5 at the bash I kinda fell in love with the shape and really want one.
Can't afford it tho :)
Good luck![/quote]
Thanks for your kind words Merton, :huh:
cheers Ady

Edited by bassmanady

• 2 weeks later...

I now see Bass Direct will be stocking Vigier basses :) ,and the new model Arpege 5 are bolt-on necks,and the MRRP is £2736. :huh: ..As far as i am aware they will only be making a limited run of thru-neck models,which are probally going to be more expensive :huh: .If you check their website they give a detailed description of the bass,the only main difference from mine is the electronics

Hi Andy,

I remember seeing this on eBay a while back and I nearly went for it. I have recently sold a similar bass (same as this but the passion shape - sold it to Luke who loves it to bits - also the same one Merton tried!!) and still have two myself. I think they are incredible!

Good luck with the sale. I think the price is reasonable, I was asking the same for mine IIRC.

Cheers
ped

It will be 34" (Actually 33.8" IIRC) and the spacing I think is 18mm... I might be wrong though as I haven't had one of these monorail bridges on any of mine.

Hope that helps
Cheers
ped

[quote name='carlosfandango' post='200904' date='May 17 2008, 09:52 AM']hello...lovely bass! what scale is it? also what's the string spacing at the bridge and nut please.
cheers, carl[/quote]Hi Carl the scale is 34" with string spacing of 17mm bridge;9mm at nut.cheers Ady

These are stonking basses - I was very lucky to get my mitts on the aforementioned Passion III, formerly of Ped's arsenal of bass doom.

I have to say, it is now my main bass and has succeeded in stopping me from even contemplating picking up my two fantastic Warwick Streamers since I got it. It's so comfortable it may as well play itself, fingerstyle and slap are so easy and considering its a 5er, I have no trouble with it whatsoever in terms of string spacing and the neck profile is sublime.

Its safe to say I will never sell mine - so someone please take advantage of this and buy a great bass before my overdraft takes a battering!

[quote name='lukeward2004' post='201062' date='May 17 2008, 02:40 PM']These are stonking basses - I was very lucky to get my mitts on the aforementioned Passion III, formerly of Ped's arsenal of bass doom.

I have to say, it is now my main bass and has succeeded in stopping me from even contemplating picking up my two fantastic Warwick Streamers since I got it. It's so comfortable it may as well play itself, fingerstyle and slap are so easy and considering its a 5er, I have no trouble with it whatsoever in terms of string spacing and the neck profile is sublime.

Its safe to say I will never sell mine - so someone please take advantage of this and buy a great bass before my overdraft takes a battering![/quote]The neck profile is sublime,i could not think of a better word myself,so thanks for that Luke.

• 1 month later...

Hi Ady,
althoug I was looking actually for a Passion 5-String (Iown a 4-string and I love it!!!!), I read your offer today (European-Final starts in a minute...).
Would you sell your bass to Germany?

What is the price in Euro? I thin about 1.350,- Euro, right? Please send me an answer....

Regards - Ralf from Flensburg (a little town near the Danish boarder)

[quote name='ralle20001' post='229209' date='Jun 29 2008, 07:46 PM']Hi Ady,
althoug I was looking actually for a Passion 5-String (Iown a 4-string and I love it!!!!), I read your offer today (European-Final starts in a minute...).
Would you sell your bass to Germany?

What is the price in Euro? I thin about 1.350,- Euro, right? Please send me an answer....

Regards - Ralf from Flensburg (a little town near the Danish boarder)[/quote]PM Sent

[quote name='bassmanady' post='229379' date='Jun 29 2008, 11:21 PM']PM Sent[/quote]

Hi Ady, here I am again. So let's get ready to rumble...

Is it okay for you if we handle our deal with Paypal? I've used this way several times with bass-sellers or buyers in Europe (for example, I bought my Vigier Passion just 5 weeks ago from a guy in St.Etienne, France and send him his money by Paypal. It works always great and is a very safe way to deal. What do you think about it?
May I have your e-mail adress, so we can communicate directly....

Mine is:
[email protected]

regards - Ralf