Why become a member? ×

Operation Time

Ruck

My pride and joy is having an operation, an organ transplant... I know when you return you wont be the same, heres hoping you'll be better than before. Some serious surgery is underway... new holes, new devices to keep you going... we must keep a brave face... Oh well, back to playing my old cheap n cheerful bass for a week, how Ive neglected you so!

I want to play alittle game. I totally expect this has been done before. Please link me to a similar discussion if so! As we are all so fond of our basses, they are an extension of ourselves and a tool for expressing our moods and emotions (that or just kicking out some serious riffs!) But which parts of the Bass guitar would you liken to the Human anatomy? What would you say the Heart of the bass is? amongst other organs!

Please post your opinions and a little description as to why:

Im going to start off by saying the heart of the bass is the pickups, as they probably have the largest impact on the tone and how each individuals technique is "picked up". Your turn!

Edited by Ruck

[quote name='Ruck' timestamp='1350591160' post='1841080']Im going to start off by saying the heart of the bass is the pickups, as they probably have the largest impact on the tone[/quote]

Now you've done it! Only way you can redeem yourself is to have a baked maple neck fitted to it.

hahaa baked maple... sounds like were on our way to a tasty cake or Ben and Jerrys ice-cream. I know alot of people probably wondering wtf... this guys taken something! and Im expecting people to say the Heart of the instrument, what makes it beat, what brings life to it, is the imagination of the user. But I want to keep this strictly to the instrument itself.

How about the Jack socket is the a-hole, where the tone is pooped out... dont be serious, have some fun...

[quote name='Ruck' timestamp='1350597175' post='1841196']
How about the Jack socket is the a-hole, where the tone is pooped out... dont be serious, have some fun...
[/quote]

*blushes, and can't help wondering what part of the bass would be the front bottom in that case. Blushes twice when remembering that her basses are all male* :D :lol: :rolleyes:

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1350646292' post='1841665']
*blushes, and can't help wondering what part of the bass would be the front bottom in that case. Blushes twice when remembering that her basses are all male* :D :lol: :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Haha! judging by the Warwicks you play I see no question as to which part gets the horn :D

Strings as Vocal cords hey, yes indeed the part that controls the pitch! wonderful insight. The Neck of the bass could be the Backbone no? Should be kept almost as straight as possible at all times and if abused or burdened with an improper load, will bend or break.

Bluejay enough gloating :D some people are not as lucky as you!

Edited by Ruck