Why become a member? ×

Fender Deluxe swap

GRAHAM SG1

I have an american made 2010 Fender Precision Deluxe in sunburst, rosewood neck with hard case in fantastic condition, it plays perfectly and is stunning .
I have recently bought a new Antigua MIM Jazz and find the neck more to my liking as I have small hands and fingers .
Now what I am wondering is if anyone is interested in swapping (with minor cash adjustment either way depending on age) an american made Fender Jazz Deluxe for it, must be the equivalent model to my Precision, ie active/passive etc, I will consider any colour as long as its the genuine Fender finish, obviously the Jazz has to be in as good condition as my P .
The P and J Deluxe models are around £1400 new now so please dont offer the standard american Jazz model, it has to be the Deluxe .

Thanks

The neck width at the nut on my Jazz is a good 3mm narrower than my P Deluxe so if the Antigua Jazz has a standard Jazz sized neck then that is incorrect .
I think the other factor that makes my P seem harder to play than my J may be the fact that I have just fitted Rotosound 77 flats which seem to have more tension and are a bit stiffer .

Edited by GRAHAM SG1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes Greg, they have a very neat little toggle switch for the active/passive modes, the deluxe series have a superb active set up with a nice natural sound unlike some actives I have played .
I have decided to keep my deluxe P and have fitted some flats to it, I like the Jazz but it does not suit all our songs, this is where the P is great, I use the Jazz for the first set then the P for the second as its more rocky and fits better .